April 17 to 21, 2014 - Visit with Nelda


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Ashdown
May 3rd 2014
Published: May 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Any trip back to the States can not be without some time with Debi's longtime best friend Nelda Porter and her family. They have been best friends for over forty years. So she asked us to come down to Arkansas and spend Easter with them. They actually live in Foreman, but the town is so small (population 1125) that this blog site does not recognize that as a city.

We had a wonderful time with Nelda, her daughter Jamie, grandson Robert and Michelle, who Nelda has cared for for over ten years.

On Saturday Nelda hosted a family gathering and Easter egg hunt at her house. Foreman is where she was born and she has a number of cousins that still live there which is why she moved back there a few years ago. Of course she asked Debi to make some balloon animals for all the kids that attended. Debi also made a beautiful "Peeps" Easter cake.

We attended her church on Easter and since there was going to be a block party that afternoon, Nelda volunteered Debi to make balloon animals. So we went to the city park and with Nelda's cousin JL helping me blow up the balloons Debi made a lot of puppies, swords, hats and bunny ears for all the kids. She even showed the woman who was the main organizer how to make some and told her about all the You Tube videos that would show her how to make more animals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 48; dbt: 0.104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb