Tucson


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
September 8th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Home sweet home. God I hate that saying. But it is. Yes, I live here, in case you didn't get the amazingly subtle hints. Where to start. Well as far as attractions and sight seeing, you should head to A Mountain, and the Desert Museum. A Mountain is an U of A tradition. It's cool to see. The Desert Museum is for animal lovers, and people who want to see animals they don't often see. It's like your normal outside zoo with a desert twist. There are 4 different mountain ranges on all sides of Tucson. To the north is the Catalinas, the west, the Tucsons, the east, the Rincons, and way to the south, the Santa Ritas. I live closest to the Catalinas.

Another attraction to definitely visit is Mt. Lemmon and Summerhaven. It doesn't matter whether you go in summer, fall, winter, or spring. I like fall because the leaves are changing and it's really beautiful. Make sure you visit The Cookie Cabin for their delicious cookies. Unfortunately Mt. Lemmon Cafe closed recently. It's devastating for everyone because they did truly serve the best pies. Hopefully they'll reopen. The weather is always nice, and in winter, watch the conditions because it can get snowy.

Restaurants in Tucson vary. It has all your normal chains, and then some. If you're looking for some authentic Mexican (which most people are because Tucson is so close to Mexico), then you'll want to try Mi Nidito's. It's awesome. They're food is so authentic, you'll definitely want to go back more than once. My other favorite place that is more like a cafe than a restaurant is El Guero Canelo. The burros are to die for. The service is quick too. My favorite part is the atmosphere because you'll see anyone in there. Other places you'll want to try is Papagayo's, Guadalajara Grill, and the chain El Charro. All of them are highly recommended.

The shopping in Tucson is all right. The main malls are Foothills Mall, Tucson Mall, and Park Place Mall. I like Foothills because it's close and it has a movie theater, and Park Place because it has all great stores and a movie theater. If you're one of the lucky people who are wealthy, you should drop by La Encantada. Even if you don't have a lot of cash, it is still cool to look around. You'll be like, I want that, but I sure as hell know I'll never get it. If you want unique original Tucson stuff, go to 4th Street. It's the go to spot for shopping. The little shops are all really neat.

Well. That's about all I got for now. This is quite a long entry for me. Hope you'll have fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb