Almost there


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
January 9th 2006
Published: January 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Two suitcases, two rolling duffle bags, two carry-ons, one computer bag and one backpack, all completely stuffed, sit in our entrance hall waiting for departure. Can you say high maintenance? It’s a good thing that term applies to both of us. Of course, I’m convinced that the huge bottle of mouthwash Alan is taking is the major culprit. He’s sure that clean breath will be his key to a successful cruise.

We weren’t sure we would make it this far. I got sick, once again, this weekend. It’s a good thing we belong to the “pack three days ahead club.” A trip to the doctor today armed me with an antibiotic prescription to be used if necessary. But, it was the lost checkbook incident that threatened to unravel the trip and our marriage. After frantically searching the house, a call to Safeway confirmed that it had fallen out of my purse. Whew! A marriage saved and our travels are back on track.

Neither Alan nor I slept well last night. I woke up with thoughts swarming around my head like pesky mosquitoes, no more like jet planes revving up their engines. Did we pay all the bills? Have we completed preparing the house? Are we taking enough clothes? Nope, we’re definitely taking plenty of clothes.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.511s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 26; qc: 148; dbt: 0.2458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb