Tombstone "The Town Too Tough To Die"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tombstone
June 12th 2013
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Boot Hill GraveyardBoot Hill GraveyardBoot Hill Graveyard

Many Boot Hill Pictures, thought you would like reading the epitaphs.


Nestled in the San Pedro Mountains, Tombstone, Arizona. A ½ hour drive from our campsite. We started our Tombstone visit at “Boot Hill.” Lots of grave sites. Many grave stone pictures thinking you would enjoy the epitaphs. What a fun place – a real, old western town housing the “OK Corral”. Enjoyed a ½ hour Historama of Tombstone – using dioramas and video. The dioramas were made by California artisans, who displayed really spectacular workmanship. Then to the “OK Corral” to witness the ‘live “gunfight between Doc Holliday and the Earps and the Mc Laury brothers and Billy and Ike Clanton. A wonderful ½ hour. Show at noon, outside – 100 degrees, whew. Walked Allen Street, “The” street and ate lunch at the Crystal Palace Saloon. Stage Coaches and folks in period dress completed the scene. We next toured the Cochise County Courthouse and blew our diets with some good ice cream at the Tombstone Ice Cream Parlor. It was a wonderful day, even with the heat. Returning to the campground, we had to go thru Border Patrol once again.




Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



13th June 2013

What?!
No Tombstone Pizza?
13th June 2013
CCCouthouse 1881

Loved 'em... all 59!
It's like REAL history! Amazing...it's all the westerns I've ever seen, in real life! I expected Will to at least strap on a six shooter, for goodness sake...You know, when in Tombstone... And Marge finally got her "outhouse!"
14th June 2013

Memories
Now, you have really hit a spot that I am familiar with & treasure the time I was there as a family. Lisa was around 11, & Eric, 5. The rocks in the graveyd., Eric loved rocks, to throw, but these were a little too big for him. The gunfight enactment, right up his enjoyment. While we were at the Cheyenne Rodeo, Lisa scrambled down the bleachers following the stagecoach races, determined to get Festus & Doc Holliday autographs, straight from the TV production. She got'em. AH, yes! The heat & the dust.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb