Day 6 - Tombstone


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tombstone
February 23rd 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Had a really nice lie in until the handle on our door was tried, a little unerving to say the least but for some strange reason the night before I put a chair under the handle to be on the safe side, as you do with every place you stay at.....lol

We decided that there wasn't enough to do in Tombstone to warrant a 3 night stay so we re-arranged our flight back to Las Vegas that evening.
So that gave us 9 hrs to see everything in Tombstone, Including the re-inactment of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral which was excellent.

Tombstone is a great palce to go, but only really for a day or two. One of the amusing signs on most of the shop windows was No Guns Allowed....we thought it was a joke as it sat along no food or drink signs, but nope it was genuine and there were quite a few guys walking around with real live guns!!

Excellent lunch at Crystal Palace restaurant, the staff were very nice and informative and they had a couple of the original roulette tables on display.

The Bird Cage theatre was one of the only original remaining buildings in Tombstone escaping the two fires that destroyed most of the town. Even still has the bullet holes in the ceiling, as seen being shot at in the film Tombstone.

The Tour bus Trolley was only $5 and well worth it, the driver was very informative and took you around all key places.

We had an early dinner at Big Nose Kate's Saloon billed as one of the best places to eat...........Don't Go there!!
The waitress should have been retired or in one of the coffins that adorned the place....lol No manners, food was poor, she just wasn't interested.

Before we headed back to the airport we stopped off at Boothill Graveyard which was the resting place for most of the people that died in Tombstone. One of the notable and saddest stories is of a Russian nobleman who was trying to make himself look tough and stole a horse, and was promptly hung for it.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hello Boys!!Hello Boys!!
Hello Boys!!

Virgil Earp, Doc Holliday, OK Coral, Wyatt Earp & Morgan Earp
Wyatt Earp's Famous speechWyatt Earp's Famous speech
Wyatt Earp's Famous speech

You tell em I'm coming and Hell's coming with me!!


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb