The Plan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tempe
July 28th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I will set out Friday, August 4, 2006, to wander and wonder around the Western USA and on into South America (Ecuador).

Phase 1 begins with Phoenix, Arizona to Yellowstone Nat’l Park in Wyoming (via Las Vegas and Utah). Then its 8 days with ARTA Whitewater Rowing School on the Salmon River in Idaho. Then, I hop off the river and meander over to Redwood National Park in California, then its over to Yosemite with stops along the way at Mt. Shasta and Lake Tahoe. From there, I’m off to San Francisco for a few days, and then ride the Pacific Coast Highway all the way down to San Diego, with plenty of stops along the way.

Phase 2 is an 81 day Outward Bound Wilderness Expedition, “The Rockies to Ecuador,” in which I will backpack for a few weeks in the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range in Colorado, then over to Joshua Tree, CA for a few weeks of Rock Climbing, then to Utah for Canyoneering, then the grand finale: a big-ass mountain in Ecuador.

I aim to capture this journey with a pen and a camera, and I’ll update this log as much as possible. There is a subscribe feature to this site where you can receive an email whenever there is an update. A few more days and I am gone… Into the World.


Advertisement



16th August 2006

Updates!
We expect regular updates! We want to know what is going on with our nephew. It sounds like you have an awesome trip/experience planned.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb