Day 8 - Tempe Scottsdale - Nov 26, 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tempe
November 26th 2010
Published: November 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 – Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale - Nov 26, 2010

Today we went to see Taliesin West which was Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home in Scottsdale Arizona. It’s fantastic! We took the 90 minute tour. There were a lot of people there and every tour booked really fast. I was kind of surprised at how crowded the place was but after taking the tour I see why he draws a crowd with his architecture. There is a school of architecture there where many students of organic design study here. The students can even design a dwelling in the desert. There are tours also that take people out to see them. There is so much to see there and I definitely want to go back to see more of it. It’s fascinating.


We also went to the Desert Botanical Garden where we could get a close look at all the different varieties of cactus and other native desert plants. It was a very nice botanical garden.

Later in the day we met Robert’s cousin and her family at Gordon Biersch Restaurant in Tempe. This town is also where Arizona State University is. The town has lots of shops and eatery’s.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb