FROM COLORADO TO ARIZONA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Scottsdale
December 4th 2011
Published: December 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

From cold to slightly less cold.


November 26, 2011 was the beginning of our trip. We meant to leave in the morning of course, but as usual it took us all day to pack up our shit (always more than we expect). The day before we got a 6 month old Jack Russell Terrier/Fox Hound mix named Yakima. He is absolutely adorable, very friendly and also kind of a jerk. Right before we actually left he started running around in circles like a maniac and would not stop or let us catch him. He was shaking uncontrollably as if he could no longer control his limbs. It seemed like he was about to fall over. We finally caught him and could take off. He calmed down a little bit once we started on our way. That night we stayed in Colorado Springs (where we got the RV) in a Walmart Parking Lot. If you don't know most Walmart's are 24 hours or at least open late and will let travelers park and sleep in their parking lots. As we were dining on some horrible microwaved food our dog was friendly again, but still acting weird. He was actually falling over this time. It was clear, however that nothing was wrong with him but exhaustion. None of us slept very well the night before. My guess is that he was scared we were going to leave him, because his former owner had just left him with us a couple days before. He calmed down once he realized that he was coming with us. However, he was not used to the RV and hid behind the driver seat chair the entire first day. So, now he was super tired but refused to sleep and was falling over. It was actually quite funny and pretty sad. The good news was that the next day he felt much better and seemed adjusted.

11/27/11-11/29/11

Colorado Springs was cold and only getting colder. We made our way to Taos hearing it was a cool place and hoping it was somewhat warmer. It was not all that impressive and was indeed cold and was planning on getting colder. There were really only two good things about Taos. One, WE GOT MARRIED! yay. Two, there were a lot of touristy shops that gave me ideas for crafty things I could make and sell. As we looked at the weather it said that a storm was a comin' in. crap. So, we just decided to keep going that evening and ended up in Santa Fe. We stayed the night there and the next day sold our PS3 and TV. Then we kept going in the direction of Albuquerque. A quick look at the weather told us the weather was only going to get worse. However, it was time to rest.

11/30/11

On to Arizona fighting the wind! Seriously, all the way there was harsh wind pushing our RV. It seemed like I was practically turning a corner to keep striaght on the road. After a long 8 hour drive we arrive in the Scottsdale area. It is around 40 degrees and seems practically balmy compared to our first few nights in the cold. Finally, we get a nice comfortable rest. We decide to slow down a bit.

12/1/11

The beginning of the month starts out with a nice slow morning. We get some much needed chores done. This night we find a hotel parking lot to stay in. This can be a good place to stay if you are not near a Walmart and still want to stay near shops, etc. Otherwise, a good place is to find residential areas. No one will really notice you parked, because of all the other vehicles. Many people decide to stay at hotels when RVing for a break and showers, etc. Some people, like us, just use the parking lot. No one will notice this because it is common. The great thing about staying in a hotel parking lot is that usually you can walk right into the lobby area where they are serving breakfeast. They won't ask if you are staying there unless you are being weird about it. Yay for free breakfeast! Where do we get our showers you ask? Many gyms such as 24 hour fitness will have free passes for taking a tour, etc. They think you are interested and checking out gyms. Now, you can have a nice workout, possibly a soak in a hottub and a nice shower.

12/2/11

We head to Tempe to check it out. The barns and nobel there sucks. They have no outlets to plug our stuff in. So, instead we unscrew the cover from an outlet and so take that B&N! ha. We charged our stuff anyway. We head back to Scottsdale that night and organize some jewelry we plan on selling. A productive and fun day.

12/3/11

We try to sell some jewelry. Bummer, it rains. So, we hang out in our RV. Our generator decides to die. That sucks. We head to the Scottsdale B&N to charge again. This is where I am writing from now. We are planning on finding a park tomorrow to try to sell stuff. It is supposed to be sunny! On a side note. I am thinking of learning palm reading and The Tarot. I don't really buy into any of that stuff. However, it is an added skill I can use on the road. Maybe give cheap readings or for donations. Does that sound rude? I wonder if I'm ripping people off. However, they believe or are just having fun. If I study it for real, I am still providing a service. So, I guess I only feel sort of bad that I don't really belive in what I am doing. Mostly, it is just funny though. haha. Until next time!



P.S. our dog cannot apparently make it through the entire night without needing to poop. he doesn't whine at us, so we don't wake up. at least he poops on the tile, but seriously he leaves like at least 3 piles for us to clean up. *sigh*

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb