Not Enough Hours in the Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Florence
March 25th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Examining PetroglyphsExamining PetroglyphsExamining Petroglyphs

A sample of the many petroglyphs found in Cottonwood gulch near Florence.
My goodness, we wanted to eliminate winter from our lives. The thinking was we'll be busy and outdoors all the time. We were right, it's go go go. Cindy quilts several days a week. She exercises daily, rides the her bike all over the place, does yoga, sews, knits, and volunteers regularly at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.

I have been carving twice a week, golfing regularly, riding the bike in the desert, and leading tours at Boyce Thompson.

We went off roading out to petroglyphs found in the Cottonwood Gulch near Florence. That certainly was a unqiue experience. Geodes have been found in this area as well. This is certainly an area we'll be spending more time in.

At present directly across from Florence Gardens the annual four day Country Thunder music festival is underway. Mostly country acts, Alan Jackson is the main attraction this year.

We recently had lunch with Bruce and Linda Hedberg. It was good to see someone from the Brighton area.

The tours are at BTA are really enjoyable experiences, meeting people from all over the US as well as international travelers. When people find out I'm from Michigan they want to know
One of Cindy's wall hangings.One of Cindy's wall hangings.One of Cindy's wall hangings.

Our walls are being decorated with projects such as this.
about Michigan's Emergency Manager Law. When that happens I sure enjoy talking about the republican party, the hate group that presently runs Michigan.

Reptiles are fully out and about. Snakes, Gila monsters, every type of Arizona lizard, Coatimundis, and nesting hummingbirds are seen regularly in the park. Visitors love it when these creatures are encountered.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The carved garden trollThe carved garden troll
The carved garden troll

My first bass wood carving project in Arizona.
Old man cactusOld man cactus
Old man cactus

Emerging from the South American section of BTA these old man cacti make for interesting viewing.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb