Day 67: Camp Verde


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Camp Verde
July 4th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

P1020859P1020859P1020859

tiger splash at out of africa wildlife park in camp verde
This morning we left Tucson slightly later than we had hoped because at breakfast I forgot to spray the waffle maker before I put the mixture in and it stuck so badly it took me about half an hour to clean! Woops. We drove to our motel in Camp Verde to drop off some stuff then headed for the Out of Africa Wildlife Park which we heard about until the night before when Rach had found it on the internet.
The park was really awesome, the first thing we did when we arrived was watch a tiger show where the tigers played with toys and leapt into a swimming pool etc. It was very cool. We got to touch a massive python and then saw a hyena show. Hyenas are awesome! They moo like cows to say hello and laugh like crazy when they are warning someone not to do something. After that we walked around the park and saw the rest of the animals, including grizzly bears, lions and tigers. Just before the park shut we went on a safari tour where we got to feed carrots to a giraffe and we saw heaps of other animals like camels,zebras and antelopes.
It was another insanely hot day, about 40 degrees, so as soon as we got back to the motel we jumped in the pool and had a swim and a jacuzzi. After leftovers from the night before and an amazing icecream from dairy queen we spent the evening watching TV because there was another thunderstorm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



6th July 2011

The CUTEST animal photos!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb