SEWARD, AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
July 28th 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 27-28, 2011 SEWARD, AK
Rugged, snowcapped peaks in a landscape that includes alpine valleys, blue glaciers and the deep waters of Resurrection Bay encircle Seward. This is the gateway city of Kenai Fjords National Park and has some of the most stunning scenery in Alaska. Once again we were able to view blue glaciers close up. Not far from our campground was Exit glacier where you could take a short hike right up to the glacier ice.
Our second day started off with a visit to the Alaska Sea-Life Center and aquarium featuring displays of the marine life found in the Gulf of Alaska. Then we strolled around the small township of Seward which has retained many of its original turn-of-the-century buildings. You will notice in the pictures a children’s playground and skate-board park in a wonderfully picturesque setting. Grandma just had to take a picture to show the grandchildren!! That evening we boarded the “Star of the Northwest” for a four-hour cruise and dinner. The buffet dinner was the best meal we have had thus far in our travels and once again we were able to view glaciers, waterfalls, whales, sea lions, eagles, puffins etc. from the deck of our boat. Another very enjoyable evening for all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Children's PlaygroundChildren's Playground
Children's Playground

What a beautiful place to play.
Skateboard ParkSkateboard Park
Skateboard Park

Right next to the playground and on the shores of the harbour.
Once in a Blue MooseOnce in a Blue Moose
Once in a Blue Moose

Kyra, we thought of you when we saw this store, knowing how you like the Blue Moose Restaurant in Hope
Rocky cliffs in the mistRocky cliffs in the mist
Rocky cliffs in the mist

The clouds around the mountain make for an interesting scene.


2nd August 2011

Seward
Seward and Homer were my favorite places for magnificant scenery. I am so glad that your weather was so good that you were able to experience it as we did. Tonight we had a wonderful BBQ at the clubhouse. Needless to say but the food was wonderful as usual! Missed you guys not being there but, oh well! I'm sure you were having the time of your life whereever you were!

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb