Seward, AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
August 14th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday August 14, 2007 Tuesday morning was a cloudy morning that turned into a rainy afternoon. We really couldn’t complain since we haven’t had rain for a week.
We spent most of the day at the Sea Life Center. It’s similar to a small aquarium. It showcases marine life of Alaska and the Bering Sea and does research on the mammals and fish. We really enjoyed the sea bird aviary. You can watch the birds above and below water. The puffins have a lot of personality. There are also tanks with sea lions and harbor seals. We watched a movie on birds that migrate to Alaska and heard a presentation on archeology of the Kenai Fjords National Park. It was a nice slow paced day.
Since we’ve been in Alaska we haven’t eaten in a restaurant so tonight we splurged. The campground hostess recommended a place locals like. It was a rustic type of place. The broiled salmon dinner was very good.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Birds from the Alaska Sealife CenterBirds from the Alaska Sealife Center
Birds from the Alaska Sealife Center

This is a horned puffin. They have a feather over their eye, looks like mascara. I know it's cheating, but I'm sure this photo will be better than what I get tomorrow.
Alaska Sea Life CenterAlaska Sea Life Center
Alaska Sea Life Center

Tufted Puffin. You can see the blond tufts good here.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb