continue June12th 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

June 12 2008 (2nd entry)

As Aurora and Taiga were not to good we headed to Seldovia. Took about an hour. seldovia is further out in the Cook Inlet not accessiable by road "home of 307 friendly people and a few oldcrabs" that it the town slogan. We laughed as John was told off sternly by the severe looking woman harbour master (obviously on of the crabs!) for going to fast. had a lovely lunch at the Mad Fish. Walkedaround, people fishing off the bridge you could see all the salmon coming up as the river was so clear, just amazing. Seldovia is a lovely town, the day warm and sunny a place we would like to come to again. Very peaceful and just a tad unusual.

On the boat back to Homer, took approx 45min was rough 3ft seas, so we were all glad to arrive and tie up. Got the halibit into a cart and then onto the back of Johns truck and drove to the bait station. John expertly fillited all 11. We had 2 @90cm which is 24lb and the smallest was 72cm.makin the average 15-20lb per fish. We know this as a Park Ranger was measuring tham and taking out their ear bone to age the fish.

Back to the condo for dinner. John cooked the Halibit in 'panco' (an asian coating - great), withgarlic bread, broccolli and roasties. The kids put on a play for us which was just great. A really exciting day


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb