Let's Get the Hell Outta Here!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
December 25th 2006
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our July WeddingOur July WeddingOur July Wedding

The wedding was in Alaska in July; this trip is our belated honeymoon.
So, our wedding was in July...but we waited until winter to go on our honeymoon. These snowy winter photos should give you an idea why!

We left home in Homer on December 25th and drove to Anchorage to spend Christmas in with some great friends and do some house-sitting. Our wonderful friends, Jessica and Nick, graciously offered to watch Alfred and Bandit, the four-leggeds that usually live with us. We finally began the journey south on New Year's Eve when we flew to California. We spent the first week of 2007 celebrating Marge's birthday and the New Year in Santa Cruz with Dave's family. We then headed to Rocklin to visit Kevyn's family and to be part of our friends Julie & John's wedding. We're spending these last few days in Rocklin with Mike (K's dad), Julie & Mikie. We've been playing Lego's, riding skateboards, and getting our last minute stuff ready to go.

We're flying out on Sunday the 21st, so our next journal entry should be from Argentina!

Tchau Tchau!


Here's our map so far.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Keeping up with the snowKeeping up with the snow
Keeping up with the snow

Dave, the heavy equipment operator among us, kept busy trying to keep our road open. But it kept snowing and blowing...guess it's time to head south!
Goodbye Snowy House!Goodbye Snowy House!
Goodbye Snowy House!

The snow will be waiting for us when we get home.
Christmas 2006Christmas 2006
Christmas 2006

Thai Food, Argentine Wine, and good ol' fun & games!
The AnimalsThe Animals
The Animals

I don't think they miss us!
Northup Construction ConventionNorthup Construction Convention
Northup Construction Convention

We went to this convention and all we got was this (not so) lousy T-shirt! (Actually Dave's mom, sister and us with our new company shirts in CA)


20th January 2007

hello from the frozen wasteland
hey hey thanks for sending us the blog address. looking forward to seeing some pictures and you. have fun, stay warm. lol.
21st January 2007

Good travels, good people!
Hey you two! Great beginnings! Can't wait to keep up with your adventures from the snowy north country! Be well and have a FAB time down south!!! xo J
22nd January 2007

I'm so sure
Try to have a good time. :) We'll be checking in!
24th January 2007

aah the good ol' days....
i am excited to read about your travels. your trip brings back good memories. i wish that i could do it all over again but the "reality of life" calls. buena suerte!

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 20; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb