North to Alaska!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
August 18th 2016
Published: August 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This summer we were given this great opportunity to travel to Alaska for some adventure and much needed family time. Luckily I had some summer time that I could devote to a little adventure before my big move to the Midwest for a new job.

We flew into Anchorage and hit the road in our chariot (read RV), stopping to gawk at the amazing beauty of the glaciers, wild berries and scenery. In Seward we split so that half of us could go Halibut fishing and the other half of us visited the incredible aquarium in town, walked the shops and got some killer clam chowder.

After this adventure we then hitched a ride on a Kenai fjords trip where we took in sights including puffins, sea otters (my favorite) and for a lucky few, a whale sighting. Lunch consisted of a nice salmon buffet and after we arrived back on solid ground we loaded up for our trip to our cousin's cabin on the Kenai near the town of Soldotna. What fun! The cabin is where we spent the bulk of our time. I didn't fish, but I got to read - a lot! And I loved it, so much. We picked berries, looked at mushrooms, visited with each other and our neighbors, and just all around had a pretty good time.

The photos are mostly scenic in nature, I try to not post too many family photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



18th August 2016

Wow!
Looks like you had fun! Hope you are all settled in in the Midwest!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb