Alaska Day 1 - Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
August 14th 2013
Published: August 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was our flight day to Anchorage. We had a minor delay at DFW, but arrived safely. One suitcase arrived minus a wheel, which proved to be a challenge until the last day of our travel when John's friend offered a luggage cart which was SO much appreciated on the final legs of the trip. After collecting our luggage, the shuttle from airport to hotel arrived quickly and we were soon settled into the Ramada Inn Anchorage. The hotel has been recently updated with spa-style shower and decorator touches in the rooms but maintains a historical feel with the many framed photos from early years of the city. We had dinner at the Slippery Salmon next door to the hotel. John enjoyed Reindeer Hot Dog for dinner and I had salmon chowder. We visited with another traveler over dinner. She was wrapping up a week of independent solo travel and shared stories of the many locations she had visited. This only caused us to be more excited about the week ahead!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Anchorage AirportAnchorage Airport
Anchorage Airport

Wildlife display near baggage claim area
Alaska Ramada Inn AnchorageAlaska Ramada Inn Anchorage
Alaska Ramada Inn Anchorage

This is an early morning photo. Was sunny and bright when we arrived at 9pm.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb