D'y'all know about the after-after-party yet?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Troy
August 12th 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So parties are quite different here. I mean, I've only been to one, but I was told this was quite standard. So. First we met up at the dormroom of the french guys (who else?), but it quickly got crowded, people started telling us the cops might show up if we tried staying in that room with 29 people. The girls sighed with relief, the guys started cursing because they didn't want to leave yet. But the next stop was a fraternity house, apparently a new fraternity in Troy, and the only one that was open to international students.

The frat houses are huge. I put some pictures of them on facebook, well, about 20 people live in them. That's all. We asked what you were supposed to do to join the frat.. Turns out - nothing, besides paying money. So no, you can not compare fraternities with our studentclubs. Well maybe a little. In terms of drinking.
But most fraternities are just people of money. Lieven joked that they just put the pretty & the ugly people together & called it a frat, which probably isn't far from the truth.

So, describing the party. Here are the rules:

1. Bring your own drinks or you'll be lost. (Unless you don't mind begging.)
2. For the love of god, don't bring a sweater with you. You don't need it, it'll only get dirty once you're at the after party or you'll lose it. Might come in handy as a blanket if you fall asleep, a guy told me.
3. Yes, you will be holding a cliché red cup.
4. Yes, you will hear frat guys (the bad ones) saying that they're "proud of their country because his grandfather shot some japanese in vietnam".
5. Never more than 2 loko's. (More about that later)
6. Bring your A beerpong and beerbong game.
7. When something goes wrong, blame the french.

So after haning around the frat house, meeting some people, stealing some drinks, you wait until someone says: Did you hear about the after party yet? If you have, say yes & ask him for a ride. If not, say no & ask him for a ride.

We (being me & Indra) got in the car with two American girls, and drove to JR, Jacob & Chris' house. First we just sat on the couch, talked a bit, and then all of a sudden hell broke loose. Everything got there at once, Brian hooked up the ipod, everyone was drinking & dancing in what couln't have been more than 5 square metres. But it was fun & everybody was happy.

Then there was a knock on the door. Every underage person took their drink, put it on the other side of the room & stood still. It was really weird to see. Like a trained proces they've been doing for years. It turned out to be a friend, but it was kinda funny to see.

The party lasted till 3 am, because any later'll probably get you in trouble with the neighbours. Which is understandable, but imagine that being neccesary in Belgium?

Anyway. I'm tired of writing again so that'll do for today. Au revoir et à bientot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb