Time zones????


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Zacatecas
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Zacatecas-working out the time differenceZacatecas-working out the time differenceZacatecas-working out the time difference

Zacatecas-Having a drink and trying to work out the time difference.
Geri and myself have been totally confused now for the last couple of days. First of all we were travelling from Chihuahua down south to Zacatecas which was to take 10 to 12 hours by bus. Pretty good ride we thought because we managed to get some sleep and there was plenty of seats to relax. The bus driver was well aware that I didnt speak a great deal of Spanish when we stopped at some point I tried to ask where the bathroom (bano) was located, Geri was asleep so I thought I would be brave and just ask. A couple more hours of travel the bus stopped and all the passengers all disembarked. Geri asked the question of a passenger if this was Zacatecas and the reply was yes. Little did we know that there is a city and a state of the same name. You guessed it we were in the state but the city was a further 1hour away. It wasnt until we were a number of blocks from the bus depot that we were getting some pretty strange looks when we were asking for directions and showing the map of the city we thought we were in. After a few laughs from the locals we proceeded to the depot again to continue our trip, yet with a few more laughs from the bus company as what we had done. Well we have been here for 2 days and have been wondering about the time difference back home with the daylight saving stopping when we find out that they have just started theirs today. This is a prior warning if we call any of you we really arent sure what time it is back home. Had a fantastic day today with a open bus tour around the city and relaxed with a couple of drinks now the web page for you back home. Very beautiful city with wonder old buildings and little narrow cobble streets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb