Valladolid * 24 - 27.10.2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Valladolid
October 28th 2016
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Before going to Valladolid, we went to Chichen Itzá. This is the most famous, or at least the most touristic archaeological site of Yucatan. There are mayan temples and some cenotes (not for swimming). It always amazes me how we people walk around those "bunch of stones" while they meant so much to the people back then. They built these temples so precisely, taking the sun, the moon, the stars, the days of the year and much more in consideration.

After Chichen Itzá, we took the bus to Valladolid where we booked a hostel (la Candelaria) for a few nights.

On tuesday we went to Tizimin to visit Vanessa, Leandro and Ainoah. They were here on holidays, visiting her parents. We had some food and then her brother brought us to a town nearby: Kikil. There we went to a cenote and later we made some nice pictures of an abandoned church in the centre. Her brother was supposed to pick us up around 18:00 but at 19:00 he still wasn´t there. The last bus to Valladolid would leave at 20:00 so we had to hurry. Some firemen were taking a bee nest away closeby and one of them recognized Vanessa. She told them we were waiting and that we needed to take the bus soon. They offered us a ride. So we sat on top of the firetruck on our way to Tizimin! That was so cool!

The next day we went with Bettine (a girl from the hostel) to Ek´Balam. This was a maya temple where you could actually climb to the top! When we reached the top there was nothing but green all around. After that we went to the cenote. It is the nicest cenote I´ve seen so far. There was a rope you could swing from into the water. It was really nice and refreshing.

When we arrived back at the hostel, we met 3 other girls (Alessandra, Serena and Miriam) They told us about the free lightshow at Chichen Itzá. We decided to go all together. Although we went there already in the daytime, I was glad we did this. It was very different by night and the lightshow was amazing!

I would have liked to see some more cenotes around here but we are going to Tulum now. I have been told the beach is very beautiful over there. Can´t wait to see it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb