Isla Mujeres...to Playa del Carmen


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Isla Mujeres
February 21st 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 and 3-
An overdubbed version of the Bourne Identity and a nights sleep later we traveled out to the Puerto Juarez. We were off to the Isla Mujeres for a day of lying on the beach drinking Negra Modelos, margaritas, and eating tacos del mar. The beach bars have swings instead of stools so even if there was no breeze we could create one. The weather was amazing...85 and sunny...crystal blue, wading depth water for 1/4 mile out into the ocean...exactly why we came. The day flew by and we watched the sunset from a bar closer to the ferry terminal (pics to be attached to blog as soon as the stars align and I can get the camera in same place as the battery and the computer.) Had some trouble getting back on the ferry to the mainland (we were missing part of our tickets...) but with the assistance of a really nice girl from Argentina who argued with the ticket taker for us, we finally got on and headed back to the Terracaribe. A little too worn out from sunning all day, we did not stop in the bar, but headed straight to bed.

Today we woke up at about the same time (6am Seattle time/8am here) packed up, ate breakfast at the little buffet at teh hoptel and headed for Playa del Carmen. Once again, had to go through the whole time-share schpiele when we checked into the Holiday Inn Express. Once they realized we were not interested, they gave us directions to their beach club (about a mile walk on safe sidewalks) and sent us off. We spent another great day simply walking around and lying in the sun. For sunset we sat on the beach at a bar, listened to a reggae band drinking margaritas and Negras (noticing a theme here...) and chatting with the other patrons. Headed back to the very touristy 5th Av for more great food. Stopped into a bar and heard a wonderful guitar and rhythm trio just before returning to the hotel.

Tomorrow, we head for Cozumel where we will try snorkeling for the first time. Since it is supposed to be the best snorkeling around, I figure that if I hate the sport, at least I have experienced the best during the one time I did it...and if I happen to love it...all the better!Must sleep now If I am to be refreshed for snorkeling bright and early! Buenas Noches and we'll hopefully be able to upload some pics soon.

-ei



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb