Chilling In Cozumel . . .


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
May 16th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Emma Lou, Me & Michelle in the TaxiEmma Lou, Me & Michelle in the TaxiEmma Lou, Me & Michelle in the Taxi

Emma is a dancer on the ship and Michelle is my new replacement. They are lovely fun girls.
Took another easy day today. While Cozumel is our preferred port to party in - it’s just so easy here - last week there was some drama with some crew getting back on the ship late and visibly intoxicated. While it seems like everyone drinks all the time (and well, many do), we’re actually only allowed to have a very low percentage of alcohol in our blood while on the ship, even when off duty. If you’re caught visibly drunk, you can be tested and if your levels are higher than what is permitted you can be fired. These friends from last week have not yet been officially disciplined because their tests results have not come back yet. But meanwhile, everyone is airing on the side of caution and taking Cozumel as just an easy day for awhile.

I went with Emma, Emma Lou (both dancers) and Michelle (my Club O2 replacement) to a place called No Name Bar. It’s a bar owned by former crew members, for crew members. Best part: free wireless! So we spent lots of time of the computer, some time in the sun, some time in the water. There were some other crew there too, but we mostly just chilled out and chatted with one another.

Late in the afternoon, the 4 of us girls walked along the waterfront in downtown Cozumel to an Italian restaurant that Emma Lou had been there before. Guido’s was incredible from the moment we walked in the door. The restaurant smelled like a delight. We sat in the garden. Sipped sangria. Ate the most wonderful food.

Delightful day. Delightful people.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



20th May 2007

Glad to see you are having fun. Sorry to hear about the people getting kicked off. Yikes!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb