Mexico: Cozemul


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
February 19th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Western Carribean

Flew from LA to Orlando, left out of Cape Canaveral, FL, took a 7 day cruize to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozemul, and back

http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_31o.html

This was the last stop of the 7 day western carribean cruize. Cozemul if also known for its great diving as grand cayman was. This time i chose not to play in the water but i got some advice from a good friend to rent some type of vehicle and criuze the whole island. there's a loop trail that cirlces around the coast which is a blast! My father and i rented this beat up scooters and went on a trek. The scooters you can rent right when you get off the boat or you can get a jeep. I believe the scooters were about $35 each for 8 hours or so.

We head out on them and our first stop was paradise beach. It was supposed to have good diving but the sea life was slim to none. There was a boat here that could take you farther out to the reef for a fee but i passed. But paradise beach was paradise. It is set up like a resort with a plethera of beach chairs, bar, food, water climbing wall, small pier, and hotels close by. It was free of charge to hang out there and it's beautiful but quite populated.

After a quick bite and a few beers we head off down the coast looking for this light tower but we missed it somehow. Our next stop was this rasta bar in the middle of no wheres. It was a primitive looking bar and grille and all the rood was painted in rasta colors and had reggae blaring from within. We could see the light tower from here but it looked impossible to get to so we moved on.

My scooter started acting a bit funny and wouldn't start, i had to have a local come over and he played with the blinker switch while hitting the ignition and it started, very mechanically sound Next in are minds was to get back before these ragged scooters broke down but i saw the most beautful beach i've ever seen in my life and had to stop! The water was as clear as a swimming pool, the sand as white the towering clouds above! we had to take the chance to hang out here for a bit. I grabbed my mask and snorkle right away and went out in the "pool." sea life was not great but it was very clear. This beach was deserted too! no one to be found for miles as it was on the back side of the island. There was one bar right across from it, i don't know the name but you can't miss this beach and you have to make a visit.
Our last stop on the trip was a pack of small restauraunts right on the beach. We literally sat with our feet in the sand watching the small waves crash in as we waited for our food and waited and waited and it never came! we ordered a couple carne tacos and i believe the waiter forgot to put them in. We paid for our beers and tacos we never ate and left for it was getting late. Be careful when driving the scooters there are monster potholes in the road everywhere and if you hit one you're going down for sure also watch out for the police. i was messing around swurving back and forth and some cop sounded his siren at me, luckily he didn't come after me but just be careful. The last road you take to get back to town is a crowded one with all the locals on there scooters doing their daily routine. Be careful and just steer clear of them.

We get back to town with an hour time left on our scooters and we decide to stop by carlos and charlies popular bar. We run into a group of our friends and we patry it up for awhile. It was a good time but the prices were sililaiir to the states again. There are some shops all over around carlos and charlies if you're into that. We finsish up over there and swurve are way back to the scooter rental place and stumble back to the boat. the party continues...




Advertisement



6th January 2008

hotels
whats the most exspensive and the niceist hotel on cozumel ,i have five kids ranging from 5 7 12 12 16
25th May 2008

los siento
sorry it took so long to respond..but i have no information on hotels in cozumel. hostelworld.com is a great source for hostels..as far as hotels i try to stay away from those due to price..try booking a hotel/flight togther in a package for the best deal. travelzoo.com

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 20; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb