Out of the Jungle


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Chetumal
February 4th 2009
Published: February 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Travel fans! We are out of the jungle and back to a computer! Harold got to fulfill his dream of exploring Mayan ruins. We explored all day every day for about 4 days! It was absolutely astounding. We climbed up and down pyramids, temples, mansions, acropolisis, and mysterious buildings of all sorts. We had made arrangements to be guided at all of these places, some of which are way off the beaten track. You are hiking along a trail, listening to howler monkeys, and suddenly out of the jungle looms an ancient temple, and we are the only ones there! At the first one I kept expecting to be eaten by a jaguar because it was so wild. Then I got used to it. The jungle sounds, sights and smells.

Our accommodation was really fun. We had a little thatched-roof cabana, no glass on the windows, just screen, a canopy bed, floors of decorative slate, and the walls decorated with native artistic plates and weavings. The bathroom had tiles and a ceramic sink of colorful Mexican designs. We had a screened in sitting room, and the breezes were wonderful. It was really cute! To top it all off the food was great, and presented artfully on colorful ceramic dishes. We ate at an outside dining room, and the bar was also outside. The place we stayed had unexcavated Mayan ruins on it, and our first day Harold and I hiked a jungle trail by ourselves.

We are back in the city of Chetumal, for one night to catch the bus back to Guatamala, we hope. At the next stop we are back at the village of El Remate, at the hostel of La Casa De Don David, where the compute will probably let me send you some Pics. Take care all. C and H

Advertisement



Tot: 0.331s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb