Weather to Chill or Go


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
January 7th 2017
Published: May 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Weather websites predicted a wet afternoon for Cancun today. So instead of a lazy morning, we got up and walked over to Market 28. This was a full square block of shops. It looks really cool with stall after stall after stall. However, the majority of them carry the same or similar stuff. We wandered about an hour around the place and purchased nothing. At least we enjoyed the walking around. We were drenched with sweat the walk back because the humidity. Hungry we stopped at a place that sold quesadillas for $13 Pesos or about $0.65 each. It was a bit of a wait due to the line but worth it with the homemade tortillas and fresh cooked food.

We chose to wait out the rain instead of battle it. I started a new book while Alex played WOW. It was a lazy afternoon as the wind picked up and rain descended.

By 5:30, I was going stir crazy. I drug Alex to another part of town that was supposed to be restaurants locals go to for food called Yaxchilan Avenue. It was a 30+ minute walk, but we found a couple restaurants. There were less than I expected, but a Costco was across the street. Most looked too fancy for our grungy walking clothes, so we went to the fancy burger place called XB. It had fantastic food! I had a mixed drink call XB Tropic that I loved and the 4 Queso burger that even came with bacon! Alex got tea with the most interesting pot. The tea was free floating leaves and you poured out the tea by placing the pot on the glass and a pressure plate opened a hole for the tea to drop out of the bottom. Unfortunately he didn't particularly enjoy the flavor and his stomach healing didn't give him a whole lot of space to finish the burger. Overall I like the place and would recommend it.

We walked back to our apartment and continued to relax for the evening out of the wind.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb