On the Road to Cancun


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
February 11th 2017
Published: February 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Left Chichen Itza Noon time heading to what we thought to be a 3 drive on a sunny day to Cancun. Of Coarse we always go the scenic way and get a little lost, but we see more that way. Bonus great roads. 1st toll 143 pesos. Second toll 526 pesos. OOCH! to go only about 40 Kms into Cancun. Arriving a little later than planned and forgetting about another time change losing an hour we hit the friday rush and had to go clear through downtown to the RV Park that we had chosen for its location to every thing. But Moco Loco was having an event and they were full. So around we went through to the south in all that traffic again To Cancun RV Park of the south end. Far from the beach, but a nice clean place owned by Canadians. We will explore today and take it from there. Isla Mujeres we went on the ferry , the trip was 300 pesos each return and was nice on a usual winter sunny day, but the Island just a tourist trap... not really our style, fancy high priced restaurants, golf carts all over no beach except hotel frontage and vender sales street after street. and people like crazy. We are moving on back to a little town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement




Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb