Last day of sun and beach for now..


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
October 31st 2012
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last 2 nights in Mexico we spent in Cancun, to have one more day to relax and get sorted out. It was a bit of a flash back for Steve, although unfortunately we found the all−inclusive hotel he stayed at last time pretty much run down and for sale..



So, what is there to say about Cancun.. First of all, it clearly was low−season (as opposed to spring break, aka super crazy season, when Steve was there the first time). But still, I could kind of get the picture. Lots of hotels, many of which all-inclusive, spread around the separate tourist island (called the hotel zone), all bars and clubs in a specific part of the strip, and most restaurants located in either malls or hotels – all of them at American rather than Mexican rates. Pretty much the Mexican equivalent of Lloret del Mar. I am very grateful for Rafa's strong suggestion to stay in Playa del Carmen rather than Cancun, that was so much nicer!



That all being said, we had a nice, quiet and luxurious hotel (hooray for hotel points), right at the beach, and really enjoyed the day of relaxing. We're all ready now for a few weeks in the cold mountains of Peru and Bolivia (well, as ready as we're going to be, to quote our friend Bryan Adams)..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb