A few days in Cancun


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
September 6th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got the super fast ferry from Isla Mujeres to Puerto Juraz and got a cab directly to Gaby Suites which is in downtown Cancun. Very nice hotel with fantastic modern bathrooms and large LCD tv on the wall…. sweet 😊 People had told us how Cancun was very Americanised but as we wandered around the downtown area it wasn’t really like that. The next day we got the free hotel minibus to Isla Cancun, the main hotel zone and found the luxury resorts, modern shopping malls, nightclubs and bars. We spent the day at a beach club (50MXN each includes towel, sunlounge, pool, etc) it was like a night club during the day, extra loud music, people sipping glamorous cocktails and drinking ice cold beers, we felt pressured to join in!!😱 In the evening we checked out some of the themed restaurants, we passed by the actual Tom Cruise “Cocktail bar” and took a stroll around the very pleasant La Isla Shopping Village. I read somewhere that more Americans have travelled to Cancun than any other foreign destination, whether this is true or not you can imagine they would be completely at ease here.

After our commercial fix it’s time to travel south west to a more traditional Mexico, Merida, the capital of the state of Yucatan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb