Cancun for NYE 2009


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
January 7th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I thought i'd lump Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen and Cancun into the one entry, since they're all pretty much similar towns full of American tourists, with prices quoted everywhere in US dollars, despite them being in Mexico.

We couldn't get accommodation in Playa Del Carmen at short notice, so had to hitch a ferry ride to Cozumel to stay in a hotel there. There was very little going on in Cozumel, which is pretty much set up for the cruise ship people and day trippers from the Mexican mainland. Did manage to find a sports bar which was showing the soccer and had cheap beers, so settled into a few buckets of those and scored ourselves a free tshirt each.

Arrived on New Years Eve in Cancun and settled into our hotel before hitting the beach in the US hotel district and began planning our NYE assault.

Bought tickets to a nightclub called 'The City' which had an outside bar, a nightclub and a balcony after party starting at 4am to watch the sun come up. Needless to say, with the free beers and spirits all night, none of us made it to 4am.

The host at the start, after he introduced the 5 girls dancing on the bar, announced that what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico, they must have put something in the drinks, because I don't remember much after this except Rich tells me we got some late night tacos and made it home around 3 or 4.

I'll leave it up to your imaginations to fill in the gaps.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb