Mexico, Day 1.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday:
1a- leave for light rail
1:26a- get on light rail
1:48a-arrive at airport
Wait for airport to open
4:15a- check luggage
5:35a-board plane
6a-take off
7:48a- arrive at Dallas airport
9:15a-board plane
9:45a-take off (again)
10:30a- eat complimentary cheese burger and order margarita and gin/tonic to distract ourselves from stupid high school boys.
11:45a- land in Cancun Mexico after LOTS of turbulence and seeing the ocean overhead.
12:15p- clear customs and make way out of airport to shuttle that will take us to hotel
12:30p-leave airport and head to hotel in a van that’s packed…see many beautiful (and not so beautiful) things on the way.
1:00p-arrive at hotel—tired and wanting nothing more than to sleep in a bed.
1:15-find out room isn’t ready due to check in being at 3PM
1:20-WAIT and discover neat parts of hotel. See ocean for the first time!
2:00-find out if room is ready yet. Nope, still not yet.
2:15- get UPGRADED for FREE to a luxury beach side room with the most amazing shower ever. The concierge felt bad that we had to wait so long while being exhausted. NICE guy!
2:20-open curtains to reveal the ocean (and lots of it) from our bedroom window. WOW!
2:30-change into suits and beach gear.
3:00-fall asleep without going out of the room due to exhaustion.
5:00p- get awoken by Expedia calling saying we have to see them.
5:30p- El showers in the most amazing shower EVER while Nash finishes her nap.
5:45-El gets ready to go out and makes herself look presentable.
6:00p- write this updated list. Realize that it’s been only 12 hours since take off and I’ve already seen some really really amazing and beautiful things.
6:30-figure out where to go for dinner.
7:00-eat at the nifty little cafe at the hotel. We had chicken salad with bread and tomatoes, a pear, a bottle of water, and homemade gelato (mango flavor) for dessert! It was delicious!
7:30- Negro Modelos at the jazz bar (one each!)
8:00-Walking in the sand on the beach. It was amazing! More to come soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb