First full day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Akumal
March 8th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

First full day in paradise

Good morning, it’s 7:30 am and I am sitting on my patio (at least mine for the next 6 days), which happens to be about 100 ft from the ocean, enjoying a nice cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise. Although, it has been a bit windy yesterday and this morning, it looks like it’s going to be a wonderful day none the less. I have Norah Jones on the IPod dock and the boys are still asleep….this is what I have been needing!

**Cut to 4:00 pm**

What a great day it has been. Aidan woke up about 8ish and we took a nice walk down the beach. Just a couple of doors down there is an abandoned beach house(or condo). Seems odd to me but we have now dubbed it the haunted beach house (or squatters paradise). Aidan and I have decided that each morning when we walk to beach we will find interesting items to bring back to add to our beach monument in front of our condo. It should be cool by the end of our trip. Once we returned, Sean had woken up and we all decided to grab some chairs in the sun and take in the ocean. Aidan found some new friends from Utah to play with until they leave on Wednesday. Did pretty much nothing in the morning and then decided to take a walk down to the "town square" area for lunch and to check out Akumal Bay. When I read the message boards people mentioned making this walk all the time but after today's experience, we will be driving from now on. It is a longer walk than I expected! We ate at a little lunchc counter right outside the arch entrance called the Loncheria Akumalito. Yummy tacos and cool Mexican lunch counter atmosphere. The service was good and the lady serving the food was able to understand my messed up spanish when ordering. This mispronunciation/combination of spanish words has been a huge source of entertainment (at my expense) for both Sean and Aidan. Anyways, I ordered the tacos de pollo (3 grilled chicken tacos with grilled onions on corn tortillas) while Sean and Aidan ordered tacos de res con harina(3 tacos with chunks of beef with fresh chopped onion on flour tortillas). We also ordered a plate of frijoles (or if you asked Aidan I supposedly said refritos), a bottle of water, and 2 sodas. All this came to about 225 pesos, not as cheap as yesterday's lunch but very filling.

After lunch we walked over to Akumal Bay. This beach is located very close to the entrance so we didn't have far to walk. Wow, was it busy! There were tons of people since it was Sunday. The water was absolutely beautiful, the different colors of green and blue and we decided right then we would be returning to this beach the next day with our chairs and towels. After a short while we decided it was time to make the long, dreaded journey back to the condo. Once we got back Sean laid down for a nap, Aidan played his video game, and I fought with trying to upload photos on the computer. Later we went for dinner to La Buena Vida again. This time Sean had Tic Xic (or some spelling close to that), Aidan had a chicken quesadilla, and I had the Cheyenne Tacos. All was good and I don't recall how much we spent but I know it wasn't a cheap meal since LBV is more of a tourist place with elevated prices.

Headed back to the condo and we played a fierce game of war before heading off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb