Safe Arrival!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Querétaro
June 9th 2006
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey All,

I´ve safely arrived in Querétaro and am settling into life before classes start. I am very lucky to be within walking distance to campus and to internet cafés, the restaurant where my host mother works (Gloria), and small tiendas. I am rooming with student from Nebraska named Megan. She speaks Spanish quite well, so I´m learning a lot from her. We only speak Spanish with our house!

We really made it through the airport thing well. The bus ride from Mexico City to Querétaro took almost 3 hours and was seemed very long! We arrived on campus around 10:00 and went out to eat. The restaurant was called Tacos 57 and is kind of like Chipotle, where you pick your meat and other stuffings. The toritillas are green and awesome! Then they set a silver tray of four salsas to put in the tacos, my favorite was a combination of pineapple and onions.

This morning was a very long orientation and tour of campus. Megan and I had lunch at Gloria´s restaurant. Lunch here is a three course ordeal: soup, main course, and dessert. Megan and I were practicing Spanish while eating and a guy at the next table finished his meal and came over with a few pointers. His name is Fernando and he was a student at Moneterey Tech, el Tech, and had helped with our international program before. Ah! It is very mind boggling to speak in Spanish for hours on end, but it was nice to have help from a native speaker.

Megan has plans through her school to visit Aculapulco and has invited anyone who is up for it. The trip includes hotel, food, bar, and bus ride as is only around $150. I´m thinking I´ll have to take the opportunity while I´m here.

Alrighty, I´m off the internet before the next hour starts. Thank you for prayers and well wishes!!

Advertisement



10th June 2006

Yea!!
Dear Sheridan!! We are delighted to hear that your travels went smoothly! It sounds as if you have a great set-up. This blog is a super fine way for us to stay connected. Thanks!
12th June 2006

hola tu hermana loco tu!
hey sher! i'm checkin this thing to c if it works...just got outta the hottub w/ nate and haley from a looong weekend of work! ok tata for now!
12th June 2006

Wow!
What an awesome experience. Have a great time! Ron and Elaine

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb