Las Alamandas


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
November 13th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've been to many beach resorts and Las Alamandas is by far the most beautiful. 1500 acres and a maximum of 30 guests.
We rarely saw any other guests while we were here. Best part, we were the ONLY guests for several days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

WelcomeWelcome
Welcome

Flowers were always on the bed every day.
Hammock timeHammock time
Hammock time

We were only at the resort five minutes before ML found the hammock.
Margaritas on our patioMargaritas on our patio
Margaritas on our patio

And ten minutes for our first margerita.
Turtles waiting for releaseTurtles waiting for release
Turtles waiting for release

The resort has an on site biologist. She collected over 800 sea turtle eggs and hatched them. If she didn't collect them, they would wash out to sea or be eaten. We were there for the release of 109 turtles.
leaving the bucketleaving the bucket
leaving the bucket

Spilling them out on to sand so they can sense where they need to return in twenty years.
Run baby runRun baby run
Run baby run

Unfortunately they predict that only one from this entire batch will return in twenty years to lay eggs.
Getting washed backGetting washed back
Getting washed back

It took over one hour from the time they left the bucket. The tide kept washing them back to shore.
Alone on the beachAlone on the beach
Alone on the beach

There are six different beaches and you can be alone.....
King size bed at the pool!King size bed at the pool!
King size bed at the pool!

We were the only guests for several days. We had the whole place to ourselves.


28th November 2008

Wow!
What a place! A poolside bed....what could be better than that. Thank you for sending me this. I love those little turtles.

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb