Back to Canada... and the snow.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
November 24th 2005
Published: November 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our lonely beach chairsOur lonely beach chairsOur lonely beach chairs

Last day and they wait for us...alas....we do not arrive. :-(
Last day our beach chairs are being reserved for us but remain empty. Sniff. Hopefully they will go to deserving new owners. The routine... beach, ocean, bar. Repeat.
Heading back home, the pilot indicates that the weather in Montreal is... nice. Whatever. It was snowing when we landed. We definately weren't prepared for the cold weather that we encountered. My sarong served as a scarf. And the view from our balcony changed from a banana tree to snowy rooftops.
We spent a couple of nights at the Delta and spent a full day shopping on St. Catherine. We were most excited to enjoy a decent cup of coffee in a week (with the exception of course for the flaming coffee).
Our meals in Montreal we good, but sadly lacking refried beans. The other rude awakening was the price of cerverza. $2.00 for 1 Corona in Mexico vs. $6.75 at the Delta in Montreal.
Stopped for breakfast at Ben's (no frills AND no refried beans) before catching the train back to Ottawa.
It's taking some adjusting to get back to our daily routine.

We are including a link to the rest of the pictures that were taken on the trip.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrafolks/sets/1406013/
Typical Beach ViewTypical Beach ViewTypical Beach View

This is the daily view from the beach chairs. This is Brigitte's toes and Andra floating.

Hope you enjoy them.
Thanks for reading!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Another Typical Beach ViewAnother Typical Beach View
Another Typical Beach View

Sometimes we faced the beach. The thatched roof is the bar and behind it a neighbouring hotel.
Mexico Balcony ViewMexico Balcony View
Mexico Balcony View

We have a banana tree. We can also see the pool and the bay.
Montreal Balcony ViewMontreal Balcony View
Montreal Balcony View

Yuck! Snowy city rooftops.
Say, "No!" to snow!Say, "No!" to snow!
Say, "No!" to snow!

First morning in Montreal and everything is covered in the white stuff.
Finally!  A good cup of coffee!Finally!  A good cup of coffee!
Finally! A good cup of coffee!

Starbucks...here we are. You need to open a location in Puerto Vallarta.
$7.00 Cerveza???$7.00 Cerveza???
$7.00 Cerveza???

We think they tasted better in Mexico at 1/4 the price.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.2kb