My Adventures thus far ...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
February 11th 2006
Published: February 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

EEEEWWWWW!EEEEWWWWW!EEEEWWWWW!

the only mexican food i dont like: chips made out of pig skin!
HOLA everyone!!

hello hello i hope you are all well back in the mother land. I am here in Guadalajara living sketchy and crazy but loving it. Sorry this has taken so long - but im on mexican time now hehehe. I pretty much dont know how to do this weblog thing and internet is random here but i have lots to tell !

... so, where to start? I have been here almost a month in Guadalajara - the most massive crazy city in mexico besides the capital. I have gotten used to the awefull pollution and crazy driving and this place is definitly gowing on me. At first i was living with a little old lady and 2 Japanese students while i attended a 2 week language crash course, then i moved into a big house where the plan was to rent a room and share the kitchen ect. untill i realized i was getting royally ripped off (damd mexican business men) and so i moved again and now i am living with 2 Canadians from the east: Julie and Matteo in a wicked little house. I love it! We are surrounded by random and somewhat crazy mexican neighbors who are allways entertaining. You would all be surprised at how well i cook! HA!

I started university this week and i am really going to enjoy the classes. Things here are very layed back, most of classes have about 8 people in them and the profs are great. I will also be volunteering with the Alberta government in an education centre and at a hospital boarding house once a week. When i get settled i think i will start teaching english because i am pretty much broke ... and its super easy to get teaching jobs here. All my students will learn my amazing spelling and grammer skills hehehe.

The last 2 weekends i have taken off on adventures to the beautiful coast and to the mountains, both trips were amazing! I went to the beach with some other foriegn students from Germany, Japan and New York to a place called Barra de Navidad. It is super tranquil and had the most delicious shrimp! It was a very long bus ride but so worth it.

Last weekend i went on a road trip through the moutains with some mexican friends who worked in cafe
aaaaahhhh  so relaxingaaaaahhhh  so relaxingaaaaahhhh so relaxing

the beautiful coast and my pretty toes.
where i check my email ... we went camping for 3 days with wicked mexican camping supplies from the 50's ... the first night we slept at the base of a beautiful waterfall that required a hike down some 700 steep steep stairs with our packs and everything and then the crossing of the sketchiest bridge of all time (look at pictures!) And we slept in our sleeping bags on the rocks under the stars - it was amazing. Then the car broke down but we eventually made it into the mountains where we hiked all day to find a specific spot in the woods where millions upon millions on Monrach butterflys hang out after they migrate all the way from Canada. It was a sight i will never forget. Absolutly magical ... definitly worth the very very cold night in the tent at -2 degrees ! It was incredible.

Now its is time to attempt to add fotos ... hope this works ...

thanks for waiting for this and i will definitly keep you all updated on my next adventures!

LOVE XOXOXO ::: Sarah


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

my Gringo friend Mikemy Gringo friend Mike
my Gringo friend Mike

chillin watching the sunset with some live music
Mr. BlowfishMr. Blowfish
Mr. Blowfish

he is dead, poor guy.
700 steps to paradise700 steps to paradise
700 steps to paradise

i havnt worked out in a loooong time - it was hard. Going back up was hell.
The Bridge of DeathThe Bridge of Death
The Bridge of Death

this doesnt even do it justice .. plus it teatered and i was carying my pack and some food and holding on for dear life. You should all be very proud of me!
sleeping under the starssleeping under the stars
sleeping under the stars

thats Mariana setting up my bed
Jose and Javier fixing the truckJose and Javier fixing the truck
Jose and Javier fixing the truck

i helped by documenting the crisis with my camera :)
las mariposas monarcaslas mariposas monarcas
las mariposas monarcas

we finally found them, and they are incredible
look closelylook closely
look closely

i couldt attatch the video, but there were millions floating ll around me...


11th February 2006

ahhhhhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhhhhh thats all i can say!! im so jealous its sooooo beautiful!!! how magical would it have been to see those butterflies and to cross that bridge it looks like something off a horror movie..im jealous of you i want to meet your crazy neighbours!! i bet they are sooo much fun! let me know if u meet any talkk cute boys who love to travell...hook me up ;) when does doug visit you? how is the weather...ur emails are so great and detailed but i want to hear more!! i love love ur pictures! did u get a job with the embassy! dont get lazy! try to get something with them!! beg them! cant wait for ur next email....
11th February 2006

AMAZING!
First- awesome job on the blog! YAY and the pics are CRAZY... first i love that you're going to teach english (yay for spellcheck) and glad to hear school and volunteering and everything is working out. Second- the butterflies are AMAZING- i loved the video you sent... So Great- keep livin' it up Love Ya Carly
11th February 2006

Looks so beautiful
Hello Sarah Good to see you figured out how to get the pictures onto the site! Your adventures sounds like lots of fun, I'm jealous that you are able to sleep under the stars! In Scotland I would freeze to death in about 5 minutes. Well have a great week and we will chat soon. Andrea
11th February 2006

Amazing
Wow, it looks so beautiful down there. I am so jealous. Enjoy your adventures down there and I look forward to reading about your further adventures!
12th February 2006

Hi Sarah!!!Oh i'm so jealous, mexico must be amazing....i'm so fed up with german winter :-)jejjeje...i didn t even know you were going to go to mexico...so if you send me your number over there perhaps one day we get each other on the phone ;-))jejjeje....me recuerda de todas las aventuras que pasamos alla en la Argentina...voy en diciembre!!bueno un beso grandissimo, que lo pases rre bien, SUERTE!!!:-)chauuu Sarita
12th February 2006

che pub
Hola saraahh, asiq estas en mexico!!!que bueno...de nuevo el espaniol!. Vi tus fotos y me encantaron esas mariposas, y me hiciste desear de dormir debajo de las estrellas, aca en belgica eso se me complica un poco con la nieve. Y tambien me encanta como ayudaste a solucionar el problema del auto!!!!. jejeje bueno, te escribi un mail y no me respondiste, no me queres mas!
13th February 2006

i wish i were there with you.
this place looks awsome. next time bring some more blankets!!! really glad your having a good time. LOVE YOU
18th February 2006

got to see it
Enjoyed your pictures. Send some more

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb