Mexico- End of Week 1/ Week 2


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
September 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Okay i am just giving a brief overview of what has been going on because it has been such a long time since i last wrote. okay two fridays ago we went to this really cool bar called banana cafe. we went with these two guys from Mexico, that we met through a program at our school. it was super funny because the guys told the waiter that it was two of the girls birthdays. and for birthdays what they do is give you this like flaming shot of something and right after you finish it the guys shakes your head really fast and blows a whistle like in your ear....it was sooo funny. So we went there that night and it was super fun.
that weekend was the mariachi parade which was super cool. i love mariachi music and it was so nice to see it live and see groups from all different countries. That is also when i met veronica, this girl that is also one of the friends from the program thing.
the following week was pretty chill. nothing exciting really happened. i was just going to classes and what not. there are these two girls in my class that i want to strangle because they are aLWAYS talking in english and being SUPER rude.
on wednesday of last week we went to movies. it is cool because it is cheaper on wednesdays. It only cost like 34 pesos, which is like 3.40 dollars. and after that we went out to dinner. it was funny because we were walking this guy in front of some bar asked us DO YOU WANT TO GET DRUNK...like super loudly and in English.. it was so funny. we said no and kept walking because it was like 5 in the afternoon on a wednesday, what was he thinking?
You all should be proud of me because i am getting more and more brave. i am starting to talk to people from here. like last week i would talk with the boy that works at CEPE. and i talked to the taxi driver and all kinds of stuff so yay me.
on thursday night we left for Mexico City which was a freaking bomb trip. We went to so many museums and touristy places. and every morning we got free breakfast. We went to the pyramids to and i climbed to the top, which was freaking hard because i am not in shape at all. but it was a beautiful view. i am going to be putting up pictures on facebook so feel free to take a look then. so when we were done with the tour of the city it started to pour. so we all were getting soaked. so we went down in the subway because one of the girls was going to take us to visit her cousin. so we went down and it was hilarious because the poor girl fell and we are soaking wet. me and a couple of other girls decided not to go to the other part of the city and went out in the rain to walk home. it was a nice walk because for once there werent a bazillion on the streets. on the way home we stopped at this little restauarant to eat. i asked for chorizo tacos and i was soooo excited because i freaking love chorizo...so when i ordered it the lady was like verde or rojo. (which means green or red?) i thought she was like talking about what kind of salsa so i thought i was super cool cuz for once i understood. so i was all like verde...duh. and so when she brought out my chorizo i was so surprised because it was freaking green...like the actual chorizo was green...and i was like what the flip is that...it looked like brocolli. but i tried it and it was super good. i was so happy. also while we were eating people were trying to sell us stuff and i ended up buying this bag of champacana... i think that is what its called and it was soooooo delicious...it was like flat bread/cracker stuff with sugar on it. so good. this pretty much sums up the trip...it was basically super tiring but super fun.
this week has been chill so far (week three that is). I have two tests on friday but i am not stressing it. on monday i chatted it up with this little girl that sells gum on the streets. it was sad though because her dad is in the US and she doesnt get to see him. she was super cute though. and very mature...she asked me, it is difficult for you to be here isnt it? and i was all like yeah sometimes it is. but i really liked her and would buy gum from her anyday. 😊
yesterday we went to one of the homestay houses and the mama made us mole with chicken...and it was sooooo ridiculously good...like ridiculously good. i wanted even more, but i was about to ask for more. and we chatted with the mom and sister for a long time and they were sooo nice. it was a lot of fun. after this we just went home.

well i am done writing for now.... tomorrow i am going to right about what happened today...which was actually quite fun (dance class and bus driver) so this is it for now... i miss you all and you guys should talk to me more often because soon you will forget me!!!!

Advertisement



11th September 2008

yum i love mole!!! but i've never heard of green chorizo... i'm gonna ask my mom about it.... Glad you're having fun! I'm gonna get my toes done tomorrow so hopefully the lady doesn't draw a duck on my again...

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb