Booze and Poops


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
January 13th 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

in heaven they serve mexican food in heaven they serve mexican food in heaven they serve mexican food

some of the best food i've eaten was at the bus station
holla everybody

Now we all know how awesome Danny and Leah are on a normal day in canada well times that by a million in México! The four of us are staying in Guadalajara, the second largest city in México. With there help we got to experience México full on, when we walk through the huge markets or go for street food or go out to real mexican bars we are the only white people. All of the random mexican people we have met so far have been awesome and helpful, last night we met Jesus and Yolanda who tried her best to teach us spanish love songs and Jesus assured us of cheap surfboards and good times in sayulita. Now i can't stress enough how we got to see a side of México not normally seen by tourists thanks to Danny and Leah they are both muy beuno amigos!

Adam

Hey Gang,

Everything here is going fantastic. Mexico is a friggin unbelievable country! You think we're laid back in Canada think again amigos. The day before last Adam and I were taking a taxi to the bus station to catch the bus to Guadalajara. Our cab driver saw a bus to Guadalajara leaving and assumed we were supposed to be on it, he swerves in front of the bus to stop it (not uncommon if you've ever driven anywhere in Mexico), turns to us and says in broken english, "got your tickets amigos? Hop on. " After explaining we were here to catch the next bus at 1pm, we thanked him a bunch for trying to help us out. Tell me the last time in Canada a bus driver swerved in front of a bus to stop it just to make sure that you didn't miss it and i'll buy you a beer!

The people here are just freaking amazing. Everyone is super friendly and loves to party until the sun come up! We met Jesus and Yolanda last night at what was probably one of the coolest pubs I've ever been at called La Maestranza. It was decorated with Matador parafanilia everywhere and the played wicked Mexican rock and roll all night long. The only song I rocognized was 'Creep' by Radiohead, but the music was deadly and EVERONE in the bar was singing to the songs they knew it was amazing. We are
cervesa at the the hotelcervesa at the the hotelcervesa at the the hotel

the owner of the hotel gave us free beers because he knows danny's parents and because he is a deadly guy
off to catch some Mirachis tonight and drink tequila by the bottle which is a deadly way to drink and another reason Canada=uptight, Mexico=Super Mellow. Sitting down at a bar with friends and sharing a whole bottle of liquor as a oppose to ordering by the drink just seems like a better way to do things to me, but hey maybe it's just he ocean mellowness talking. Other then that fun facts include: Coke and Pepsi still come in old school glass bottles, cigarettes are so cheap you can't afford not to smoke, Jungles are deadly, it's impossible to buy tequila in less than 2 ounce glasses, mexican people LIVE for dancing and the hills are indeed alive with the sound of music.

Also, I finally for those interested I learned what "El Chapultepec" (as in the the deadly Denver Jazz club) means. I'd tell you, but I've gotta leave you hanging to make sure you read next time.

I hope you all are doing rad. Stay warm and stay alive.

Good Luck.
Ok.
-Craig
PS: if ever visiting mexico take Danny Lopez and Leah with you, they're deadly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

limonslimons
limons

limes are lemons but blue shirts are always blue shirts


13th January 2007

Adam I think you look dead sexy in your blue t-shirt. Craig you also look nice with your beer.
13th January 2007

I hate you!
Do you have any idea how cold it is here? No, you don't!! You're sweating your asses off in Mexico. Grrr. Oh well. Enjoy it while you can. I hope you arn't forgeting to celebrate Hockey Day in Canada!
13th January 2007

hey dudes, sounds amazing. Its the same when danny accompanies you to spain, all of a sudden respect comes your way. I'm very envious cause it was -46 Celcius yesterday and the busses couldn't run. Peace
15th January 2007

hey
hey hey i think that pic of u looks really really good:-) where are u guys at the moment?? i will be in mexico soon so is there any good places that u can recommend to go to whilst in mexico?? i am currently an aussie living in america it kinda sucks cause australia is so nice and america sucks.well florida and working at disney is not kool at all.. anyway my address is agnelle.bagetti@jcu.edu.au you can see my blog too its under agnelle ...
15th January 2007

Dudes it looks like you are having a blast and it sounds like Mexico is one hell of a good time. P.S. were are the pics of the bikini babes :)
17th January 2007

That's right, i found you fuckers....
Hey boys, good to see you are having an amazing time in Mexico. I miss ya fellas, it's been a long while, but that's what good friends are for, remembering to say hello when you least expect it. Drink a couple of coronas for me.....

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb