November 20, 2013 Another day another parade


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we used the golf cart and went into town again. This time we managed to watch the street signs on the corner buildings and turn off a street when it changed from two-way to one-way. In fact, we even found a new street where the stones on the road were a little smoother.

Today was the Revolution Parade in Ajijic. I’ve learned that the word for parade is desfile. We had our friend Jorge drive us to Seis Esquinas (Six Corners) in Ajijic. This is the location where the parade turns. Just like in Chapala, the parade goes along one street and returns to the starting point along another. Rick and I were also very interested to see the Six Corners location because the name is so similar to the location “Six Roads” in Carriacou.

We enjoyed this parade and the little children, it was smaller than the Chapala parade but Ajijic is a smaller town.

After the parade finished at our location we walked to the Plaza in Central Ajijic where everyone was gathered for the arrival of the first band. There we found a seat at the Music Box bar and had a drink while the parade went by this location.

We next went to a coffee store where they roast their own beans and purchased a kilo of coffee. With the coffee in Rick’s back pack we smelt this wonderful aroma all afternoon as we walked home.

We made a quick stop at the Wednesday Market where I was able to purchase cumin seeds but no Coriander. For now, I will have to make our breakfast Shakshuka without the coriander.

Since we were up early this morning a little early afternoon siesta was in order.



At 4pm, we left with our neighbours, Marci and Neil to go to the Revolution Fiesta Buffet at Johnny’s Momma’s Bar. The party didn’t start until 5pm but we wanted to make sure we got a table where we could sit together. A few drinks before dinner was also part of the plan. The food and entertainment was great but the party itself was a disappointment. Elise (Johnny’s Momma) had put a lot of work into advertising, selling tickets in advance, preparing the food and setting up the restaurant for the party. It was a very poor turnout and we had been expecting to be at a large table practicing our Spanish during dinner. Only Gringos showed up to the party so no Spanish other than the music.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb