November 13, 2013 Canadian Club


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
November 14th 2013
Published: November 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Winter has arrived in Ajijic!!! Hopefully it won’t last long. A person who has lived here for 40 years said that they have never experienced cold weather like this even in January, never mind November.

We became members of the Canadian Club in Mexico today. The speaker this day was Wayne Palfrey who is the person that I mentioned who has live here for 40 years. He is the principle at a local school in Ajijic and spoke to us about the Mexican revolution which will be celebrated throughout Mexico next week. He is an excellent speaker and if my history teachers in school had been more like him, history would have been my favourite subject.

The club had a very good turnout considering that everyone was freezing. The meetings are regularily held at the Nueva Posada hotel on the shore of Lake Chapala. The hotel had erected a large tent with plastic on the sides to try and cut the wind as best they could but I watched the lady sitting in front of me put on wool gloves. It was cold!!!



When the meeting was finished Rick and I along with a few other
A cold day in AjijicA cold day in AjijicA cold day in Ajijic

Canadian Club meeting
members decided to have dinner at the hotel (indoors) dining room. It gave us a chance to warm up before heading home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb