Guerrero Negra


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero
January 20th 2016
Published: January 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Left early morning from Baha los Angeles to travel to Guerrero Negra. A beautiful Day taking highway one south through the detours from the recent washouts. Passing by many small towns and some larger ones Punta Prieta, Rosanito and los Bombas. Many military check points and Agriculture check point 20 pesos to spray your vehicle for bugs finally arriving at Ojo de Liebre coastal lagoon where we set up camp in the back of Marios Restaurante. Funny 5 rigs and all Canadians not an other sole to be seen, Chewie loves it big yard and he is free.

January 19 2016 took the small boats that hold 14 passengers and went on the great venture of grey Whale watching. It was amazing spotting over 100 or more and very close to us they were not shy. Sea lions and sea wolves migrate here as well. The lagoon shallow and narrow make it safe for the you from other preditors including their own fathers as shallow waters do not allow speed. The Gray whale is approx. 40 tons live approx. 60 years and has the longest migration cycle of any mammal known to man in the world. All they way from Mexico to the north end of Alaska to the bearing Sea where it finally gets the food it requires. AMAZING. The Town of Negra would ve non existent if not for the salt plant employing over 1000 persons. This plant provides over 30% of salt to the world and covers over 96 billion hecters.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Agricultural crossingAgricultural crossing
Agricultural crossing

We got sprayed 20 Pesos
ChewieChewie
Chewie

Not Happy he could not go on the Whale watching boat. Just a little pouting
Neil, Pam, Judy and GaryNeil, Pam, Judy and Gary
Neil, Pam, Judy and Gary

Ready to board our skiff
Gray WhalesGray Whales
Gray Whales

To Fast to get a good poicture


Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb