MEETING NEW PEOPLE


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal
August 6th 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

friday 03 august
wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of water and what seems to be something banging in my room! turns out its raining and the plastic bag we put over the main light socket because it leaks is working. thanks brent otherwise the other bed would be drenched.

Get up and spray some more. spend the morning cleaning the fridge and the kitchen and sweeping up flies! eric turns up about 10.30am and says we are having about 10 people over tonight. daniella and her partner must still be in town.

go and buy cheetos to have along with my tofu for lunch and get accosted on the way back by a truck full of mexican jehovah witnesses, WTF??? i go to the nursery, roseio and gina are funny, we try to talk with each other. i see my first big spider, not venomous and my first caterpiller, venomous! they are really great ladies😊 Roseios dog is tiny, a teenager but oh soo skinny, i suppose when you have to feed your family first there is not a lot of food left over😞

Daniella and her partner are back and Erics parents have people over for lunch at 4pm. they are really nice except for the language barrier. i meet edgar, erics brother, hes 16 and what an amazing dude! first thing he said to me was "whats your passion in life.". he is very spiritual he told me and i can also feel the energy off him. hes trying a year without marijuana as he was doing it every day. he also does mushrooms haha! i also meet one of edgars friends who was staying on an organic farm in fucking OXFORD last month WTF???

erics mum says i can go to the hotel on sunday and just stay there rather than be by myself because daniella and her partner are leaving, so that should be fun. she is a really neat lady, understood how lonely i was being by myself in a strange country on a farm in the fucken middle of nowhere and that she would do anything to help😊. She was saying that 25 years ago she started at chicago university and because she was mexican and also with very limited english, no one really spoke to her or ate with her for two years. she was telling me about one of the other girls who stayed here until recently and how she was crying every day, worked out she was pregnant to one of erics friends!!

Edgar drops me at the internet shop but there is another powercut so no internet. walking back i run into one of the neighbours who had come for lunch, wish i had my camera with me, picture this; a man wearing a mexican cowboy hat on a big horse riding up the road surrounded by trees, holding a little dog with another dog trotting along beside him. SCENES LIKE THAT MAKE EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE!!!!!!! i forget his name but at least he spoke a bit of english😊

Daniella makes a kickass berry smoothie with crushed ice, wholemeal flour and water, she is soo cool😊 There are heaps and heaps of fireflies outside, they look amazing😊😊. Most of the flies have disappeared, yay!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb