Exploring Manzanillo . . .


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Colima » Manzanillo
February 28th 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we’re in Manzanillo and it’s the final port day I have with Melanie (my sister) and Andrew (her boyfriend). We took a tour that would both show us around and give us a chance to relax a bit.

First we were driven into town. Our means of transport was an open-air truck. The sun was shining and with the wind from driving it was perfect. We had some shopping time. We didn’t really do any shopping, just wandering around the downtown area.

Then we were taken out into the country. We drove through some mountains, past villages and into farmland. We made a stop at a banana plantation. We got to walk through the banana fields. It was pretty cool. It reminded me of when I was young and we used to run through the corn fields. Different plants, but a similar feeling of being undercover and hidden. We had the chance to taste some bananas fresh from the trees. I had to pass (allergy) but Mel and Andrew tried.

We headed back towards the water and around the bay to the hotel and resort area. We were taken to a hotel on the beach. We then
The Other Sister!The Other Sister!The Other Sister!

I noticed this sign with our other sister's name on it, so we posed so she knows we missed her.
had a few hours to relax. The hotel was very nice. We had some snacks and some drinks. There were a couple of vendors with jewelry and Mel got some. Mostly we lounged in the sunshine or soaked in the pool. The water was very welcome from the heat!

Then it was time to head back. Normally this would be bittersweet, but we were actually rather eager to get back to the ship - the Olympic Gold Medal men’s hockey game was on! That will be another entry all on it’s own . . .


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Hiding in the ForestHiding in the Forest
Hiding in the Forest

It reminded me of running through the cornfields back home.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb