Palenque


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
October 18th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From Merida we took the nightbus to Palenque what seemed to be a good idea but turned out not to be such a good idea, or at least not for me (krista). The bus driver was more or less a wild rider who just bumped his horn when overtaking another car, besides he got confused with his light and turned it of and on and off all the time.... As you can imagine it gave me small heart attacks and kept my eyes wide open... Luckely Flora had a good night rest and we arrived in the early morning in Palenque and went straigth to the first hotel (cheap and dirty with beds on cement blocks) because we couldn't be bothered and tried to sleep for a while.
Unfortunately a crazy rooster was in the yard and let us know that he was there (even at 8 am, idiot!!) So we plugged in our earplugs and slept like babies.
After waking up, we decided to see the ruins which are famous because of their location in the jungle. We got there at our favorite time of the day (12 am) and faced the hottest day so far (humidity and climbing temples doesn't really fit together..) Again we were amazed by the wonderfull temples, the views and the jungle, it's so strange to imagine that loads of mayas lived there years ago.
After viewing everything (and sweating all over) we went back home relaxed for a bit and got the best deal to go to Agua clara, Agua azul and Misol- Ha.
The next day we woke up early (thanks to the crazy rooster) and were happy to leave this dirty hotel.
We started visiting Misol-Ha which has amazing waterfalls, followed by Aqua clara which had beautiful clear water. Flora got betrayed by a small mexican boy (the little bugger!!) because he asked for money and than she said well ok, but than i want to make a picture of you, so she gave the money and than the little cheater ran away!!
The last site we visited that day was Agua Azul which we found the most amazing sight because it had both the waterfalls and the nice water. We relaxed there for a bit and took the bus to San Cristobal de las Casas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb