Problems with British Airways Part three


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
December 21st 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We catch our bus at 8.10 am and snooze for the two hour journey to Vilamosa airport. When we arrive we cannot find our flight on the departure board we que up at a check in desk we hhad our tickets over to the check in attendant who sighs when she sees them. There is a problem. The airline with who we have ticket, one of the three tickets that we have stressed over, missed flights for, argued about, paid one pound a minute to discuss with BA and paid for re-issue only two days before has gone bust. Our flight no longer exists. There are no other flights to Marida that day from Vilamosa. The attendant disappears for about ten minutes and a large que forms behind us. She manages to get us on the next flight to Mexico City where we catch a flight to Merida another 6 hours after we land at 9.15 pm. So we have to first fly two hours in the opposite direction to the way we want to go, wait for six hours in the airport before getting a three hour flight to Merida where we need to take a three hour bus to Chichanitsa.

When we arrive at Merida we get a taxi to the bus depot where we find that the last bus to Chichanitsa gone. We missed it due to the massivly extented time of our journey, a journey that should have taken us about one hour had taken us eleven hours. We find a cheap hotel that doubles as a hippy art gallery. The room is basic to say the least. It has rat droppings on the bathroom window sill and that is probably its most charming feature.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb