Palenque - Water Magic


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
June 11th 2005
Published: June 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 11th June 2005 : Misol-Ha and Agua Azul

After another unsettled night we had another reasonable breakfast followed by a lazy morning. PM we took a trip to Misol-Ha and Agua Azul.

Misol-Ha is a waterfall with an unbroken drop of 35m. We’re told it was the setting for a scene in the film Predator but I have not seen it. Behind the bottom is a walkway and cave complete with stream, pool, fish and bats.I went in with the boys. We had difficulty getting out as there was a coachload of Mexicans trying to get in up the slippery wet limestone path. No-one was injured.

Agua Azul was far more impressive. It is a crystal clear river descending in a series of terraced waterfalls and it really is blue against the sandy coloured rocks.
Being Saturday there were loads of people there but mainly at the bottom pool. We walked up the terraces and found a crystal clear section with some strong but safe currents. The water felt icy but this was only in contrast to the air temperature. We swam for two to three hours here and also at the bottom on the way back.

Back at the camp Rory insisted in going in the pool. Compared to Agua Azul it was warm soup but he enjoyed it until dark while 20 or so Mexicans played waterpolo etc.







Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Owen , Deb and Rory poseOwen , Deb and Rory pose
Owen , Deb and Rory pose

Note the crosses in the background commemorating lives lost in the river


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb