Our first port, Cabo San Lucas


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
March 8th 2014
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 22.88, -109.9

We've reached our first destination at the tip of Baja California, Cabo San Lucas. The port has no large pier so we will need to use tenders (small boats) to ferry us from the cruise ship to the town. We booked a tour through Princess and we have to be ready by 8:45am so we were up at 7 and down to breakfast by 7:30. Mom and I are getting tired of the "big food" so I had cereal and fruit and Mom had oatmeal and mint pears. Everyone else was still going strong with the big plates.

There was a problem with the tenders so we didn't get off the ship until almost 10am. The tender ride was quick and we were on the catamaran heading out to sea in no time. It was in the 70's and the ride was nice. Open bar with Corona, Marguaritas, water, sodas and something called "Sex on the Beach" ( no, the drink). We went to a nice cove and snorkel end for a while. Then they served chips, salsa and sandwiches. They weren't stingy with the drinks either. On the ride back we were heading into the wind and the water was spraying all over our clothes and stuff. We saw some whales too but couldn't take pictures with the boat bouncing around so much. By the time we reached the harbor, we were all soaked. The weather had warmed up though and we dried off quickly, except for the salt.

We walked along the strip of souvenir shops and bars that line the harbor. All kinds of people trying to sell everything. You know, solid silver necklaces for $1. We stopped at a bar to people watch while enjoying Marguaritas, tacos and free wifi. That's when I was able to send out our first two updates. Back on the ship at 4:30pm, Min and Boomer went to the pool, bit and Oh went to the buffet and we went to our cabin, took showers and went down to the fancy dinner. Mom did some laundry and we called it quits for the night. Boomer called from the piano show but we were done.

Tomorrow Loreto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb