K58: La fonda, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
February 20th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kilomter 58 is a quaint little surf destination campsite also called La Fonda. But we go every memorial day and it's always a blast. The drive is very easy just staying on the 1 toll road the whole time. Just drive towards Ensenada/Rosarito and pay 2 tolls and you're there. It's a little tricky through TJ but stay in the right lane because you will be going that way and the roads are usually filled with insane drivers so be cautious. Watch the kilometers signs and be on the lookout for La Mission where the campsite lies behind.

We usually send one of the boys down early to claim our campspot at the point. Camping is $17 usd per car and they will hit you up every night. There are many vendors rolling around the campsite trying to sell you little trinkets and crafts. Get ready to say no gracias because you will need this along the way. The surf is usally decent and there's a nice beach just below the bars. There are about 4 bars now where there used to be one and the prices aren't great on beers/drinks. You can still get carne asada tacos for $1 though. Its not the cheap Mexico destination of the past. But it is a nice little destination and the "surf vibe" rules this place. Everyone seems to be pretty cool and friendly. There are showers here ofcourse outside showers with no privacy so pony up and get naked or wear your swim suit and there are flushing toilets just don't throw your tp in the bowl because plumbing is terrible.

We play bacci ball to the bars and back its pretty fun, horseshoes during the day. Ensenada and Rosarita are 1/2 hour each way, they have one of these mototised glider planes that looks like a suicide mission but prob. fun if you don't crash. La Fonda is right in the middle of these and allows for a shopping spree, nightlife, tourist attactions such as la boofadora in ensenada; which is similiar to old glory in the u.s.

i'll shoot a couple fun stories at you: When we were looking for the pay showers that my friend said were just down the road we went into the la mission hotel. We went into the hotel looking around then this girl that was with us starts checking the rooms.
La Fonda: k58 Baja MexicoLa Fonda: k58 Baja MexicoLa Fonda: k58 Baja Mexico

hooligans in the back
For some reason all the doors were open! She found one where it looked like the guests checked out so all 4 of us went in and had a nice shower haha. it was a nice hotel room with an ocean front view so we chilled on the balcony for awhile then bounced. Definatley got your heart pumping 😊

My friends brought a bottle of my favorite tequila Casadores and around 10:30pm we got determined to share our bottle with the whole campsite. We went campsite to campsite throwing tequila down our fellow neighbors throats until we ended up at this new bar that just opened up where we continued to give the bartender some free shots. It was a fun night to say the least!

Well that a small view of our La Fonda trips, it's also a good stop if you're planning on driving to cabo san lucas or del san jose. There is also some great diving right below la boofadora.






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

La Fonda: k58 Baja MexicoLa Fonda: k58 Baja Mexico
La Fonda: k58 Baja Mexico

our palm tree! only one in the campsite
La Fonda: k58 Baja MexicoLa Fonda: k58 Baja Mexico
La Fonda: k58 Baja Mexico

wheelin and dealin with the locals


24th May 2008

I Found Myself on the Internet
So I wes browsing the internet one day trying to find a cool place to spend a weekend in Mexico. I saw a blog about a place called K-58, so I checked it out..... And there i was dancing, apparently I've been there before.....OH YEAH !!!! I Love that place. Too bad that Northern Baja has gone super corrupt. One day I hope to return to the place I love.
24th May 2008

"quaint little surfing village" ? more like a quaint little drinking village.
25th May 2008

haha thats funny shit brotha! goodtimes

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb