Christmas Road Trip 2005


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
December 20th 2005
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Calgary, AB and headed south. We traveled along the entire west coast of the U.S. then down the Mexico Baja peninsula. It was a crazy trip with so many unexpected things. We only had 3 weeks to make it from Calgary to Los Cabos, with a mandatory pit stop in Vegas. Everyone said not to drive at night in Mexico cause of cows on the road, but the worst part was the Mexican drivers ripping around the corners on the edge of a cliff in the middle of the night. Other than that, not too many cows, unless you count the dead bulls on the side of the road. We saw Beyonce and Jay Z in a club in Cabo but that wasn't all that exciting. They just sat there and watched everyone dance. We spent New Years on the beach drinking wine and watching the fireworks which was awesome. The drive home was alright except that we were a couple days late for class and when we got back into Canada we go stuck in the worst snow storm ever. Took us forver to get home...


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Christmas Day HikeChristmas Day Hike
Christmas Day Hike

We got lost and didn't make it out until after dark with the help of a random dude playing bongos in the middle of nowhere.
CaboCabo
Cabo

In our hotel room. We got lost our first night trying to find the room and then got ripped off the last night by the owner who said we broke a crystal soap dispenser in the bathroom. Yeah right!
OregonOregon
Oregon

Hi-Meh just got soaked by a massive wave while standing on a rock.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb