Loreto to La Paz


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur » Loreto
February 18th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Up early and straight to the town center. First thing was to get coffee, so we found a café, the previous night, and decide to walk there to get something to drink and use the free WiFi. We got to the cafe and it was closed. So we went for a stroll and snapped a few photos around the center. We then walked back to the coffee shop, and to our surprise, and it was open. We sat inside, drank our coffee and planned our next stop in La Paz. Cris did not research any hotels or camping sites, which I reminded her of, so we had to do some quick last minute planning. I found a hostel for $25 a night called La Paz Backpacker's Inn and we set off back onto the Highway 1.

On our way about 15 km outside of Loreto we stopped at a beach called La Juncalito. It was a beautiful beach with few campers at one end and some bungalows on the other. We swam for a while and freshened up for the drive. We got back onto the Highway 1 and we were on our way, again.
We finally arrived in La Paz after our over 300 km journey and went straight to the La Paz Backpacker's Inn. We just wanted to get somewhere and it seemed luck was not on our side. The hostel we were destined for had a "Se Vende" sign in the front and all the lights were turned off. So, we went to our second option, which was Casa Jalisco. The hotel is nice and the concierge was very friendly. We ordered a pizza, had a beer and set up our stuff for our full morning. We plan to go to Isla Espiritu Santo and do some snorkeling, so we should have loads of fun! By the way, I was exhausted from the drive, heat and this ever-expanding pizza in my belly.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.9kb