Movin on up


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur » Loreto
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went whale watching in San Carlos on a day that the locals said was "Loco"-this weather has been sucking !-however, we decided that we'd pretend we were on the west coast, and instead of Orcas we'd watch grey whales. We drove out to San Carlos, bundled up and went out in a panga, joined by a couple of naturalists who were attending a composium on turtles in Loreto. This is the beginning of the whale watching season, and there were a number of boats out, even though the weather was somewhat scary..but we're boating people, and this was calm for Joe compared to Prince Rupert. We did if fact see grey whales but didn't get as close to them as we may have if the weather was bit friendlier-an exciting treat nonetheless.

We stayed out for 2 hours and surfed some real waves on the Panga, saw a grey whale and her baby, and others.

Next stop, Loreto.

We went for a fantastic hike today as Jaime mentioned. This hike was recommended by a couple of people in Loreto and it was well worth the effort-climbing multicoloured boulders-incredible rock formations. Unfortunately you needed rock climbing gear to get to the petroglyphs, so missed them, but a wonderful few hours in very different topogrophy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb