Hurricane John


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is the day that the clouds and rain finally rolled in. The english international version of CNN was the only reports we had. Other than the constant tourist gossip in the lobby. There was internet access but as you can imagine the line ups to the computers were extensive. Just being in that little room with other worried tourists could get you wonder about your sanity in this place. The staff were all exceptional and tried to keep people informed as needed. However Hurricanes as any weather are not always perfectly predictable. The hotel tried to give us a time frame of John making landfall and suggested that we all be in a safe shelter during that time. John however slowed considerably and they kept pushing this time back until finally it was realized that it probably past. During the most threatening few hours we stayed in the theater watching movies and generally relaxing. I have put a short video clip of the worst we saw at 4:00 in the afternoon. As you can see we were not in any danger.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

High class Evacuation centerHigh class Evacuation center
High class Evacuation center

This was our safe place for the worst of the hurricane. It was a large theater where we all laid on the floor and watched movies. All you can eat buffet was hardly roughing it.


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb